In June 24, 1996, the Southern Negros Coastal Development Program (SNCDP) was launched with the aim to preserve, protect and rehabilitate the marine and coastal resources of Southern Negros, to ensure safe and better quality of life of the people residing therein.
Executive Order No. 20 Series of 1996 – Creating the Southern Negros Coastal Development Management Council.
Executive Order No. 06-009 Series of 2003 – Amending Executive Order No. 20-1996. (Changing the composition and membership of the Council)
- Governor – Province of Negros Occidental (PEMO & OPA)
- Local Chief Executive’s (Cauayan, Sipalay City & Hinoba-an)
- SPM/SBM Chairman Committee on Agriculture & Fisheries
- SPM/SBM Chairman Committee on Environment
- SPM/SBM Chairman Committee on Tourism
- Member Sangguniang Panlalawigan 6th District
- Municipal/City Agriculturist
- Municipal/City Planning & Development Coordinator
- NGO operating in the area (PRRCFI)
- DENR (PENRO/CENRO)
- Coastal Barangay Chairmen
Vision and Mission
Institutionalized Integrated Coastal Resource Management (ICRM), with abundant marine and terrestial resources through sustainable use of resources, stakeholders’ empowerment, multisectoral collaboration and equal opportunities thereby attaining food security and uplifting the quality of life of the communities.
Shall lead in the protection and preservation of the natural resources by mobilizing & empowering upland and coastal communities through coastal and upland reforestation, enforcement of appropriate fishery and other environmental laws, provision of alternative livelihood, establishment of marine protected areas, and instill environmental awareness thru education and information campaign.